Friday, May 23, 2008

Almost home

I'm in Moline Illinois tonight. There is a really great Thai restaurant I found called Exotic Thai, and the green curry was excellent. Some woman who claimed to be doing a study on communication sat down with me and asked me a bunch of questions. I figured she was going to start trying to get me to join a cult, but I think she honestly was taking a class on communication and had an assignment to talk to strangers and try to figure out their communication style. She said I was "balanced."

The Omaha Zoo is fantastic. It had a staggering number of animals and a couple of really great environments, especially the Desert Dome. It did feel a bit old and some of the panels need to be updated, like the Siberian Tiger needs to be renamed the Amur Tiger (I think this is now the commonly used name to be more accurate geographically). Anyway, if you like zoos, I say this is a must see.

Well I'll be home tomorrow, just gotta drive through Chicago and the boring drive on 94 in Michigan.

No comments: