Friday, May 2, 2008

Rosita's

I had an amazing Mexican meal tonight at Rosita's Restaurant in Scottsbluff. For starters, the chips were simply amazing. They are fried up after ordering and are very hot and very tasty:



The salsa was also amazing, with a nice amount of garlic (I love garlic) and also hotter than usual:



I ordered the combination plate and it was incredible. The burrito, tostada, and especially the taco were delicious. The enchilada was good too, just not quite as good as the others:



Also, I am terrible at reviewing food, so go here for a great review:

http://splendidtable.publicradio.org/whereweeat/stern_rositas.shtml

Lastly, I just want to say what a friendly town Scottsbluff has been. For example, I went into Target for modern day trail supplies (hand lotion and chapstick, what luxuries) and at least ten employees offered to help me find what I needed. There is also a nice coffee shop in town where I went and read for a while during the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you make it up to Wyoming tomorrow without too much blizzarding! (Yes, we're making up words...) Great Pictures so far! I made it up to Flagstaff finally when I was in AZ last week...will try to send you some pics soon.... Safe drive!