Friday, May 16, 2008

Made it to SLC

Feeling much better today, though still weak. I visited Golden Spike National Monument, which is where the transcontinental railroad was finished. I was going to visit the Great Salt Lake, but was tired and the drivers here are insane so I checked into the hotel and am doing laundry. I'm annoyed with my hotel because there was no soap in my room and there are a bunch of teenagers running around. Here's hoping I can eat tonight and will be completely better by tomorrow.

I forgot to mention I saw Mount St. Helens yesterday while driving...pretty cool. I'd like to visit the monument, but yesterday was not the day for that.

After driving in small town traffic I almost hate to be in the city...but I'm looking forward to checking out Temple Square, then I signed up for a guided tour of the Great Salt Lake and some mine, because I just don't want to deal with driving in this city. I'll take an isolated highway any day!

2 comments:

Scott said...

I hope your sick isn't too bad and you recover soon.

If it's a throat, chest... bacterial type of thing you might as well go to a clinic and get on some antibiotics because you generally cant fight off those types of infections on your own.
If it's viral, rest up, take it easy and drink tons of fluids.

-Dr. Scott

Susan said...

I'm excited you're visiting the Great Salt Lake - it's kinda creepy & cool.
Sorry you have been sick! I hope you feel better soon.