Saturday, May 3, 2008

Goodbye Scottsbluff!

I just want to say that the staff of the Super 8 in Scottsbluff is the best. Mary Jane who does the breakfast is so nice, and she now takes responsibility for saving me from certain death on the roads yesterday by persuading me to stay. I was talking to people in the lobby this morning, and there were many stories of cars in ditches, closed roads, 18 wheelers driving off the road...so I think I made the right decision to stay here. Really nice to talk to fellow travelers hanging out in the lobby yesterday and this morning. Well, except for the strange man who came and knocked on my door later after overhearing my room number by the hotel clerk (only mistake they made), but I followed my mom's advice to "stay away from strange men" and did not answer the door.

Next stop: hopefully Ft. Laramie National Historic Site.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Your mom and MJ give good advice! I was watching news reports last night of the storm and it looked terrible! Have fun at Ft. Laramie!