Friday, January 2, 2009

Graceland

I am in Jackson MS tonight after spending the day at Graceland and driving part of the Natchez Trace in Mississippi (and a brief trip to Oxford MS). Memphis was full of Kentucky and East Carolina fans; having avoided the sports page over the last week I was oblivious to the bowl game being played until I started wondering about all the UK flags on the cars passing me on the highway. Anyway, Graceland was nuts. I sort of felt the same way I felt about Las Vegas--really glad I visited, but felt a little overwhelmed.

Other than a trip a while ago that took me to Tupelo and Elvis Presley's birthplace, I have not spent much time in Mississippi. Tomorrow I'm going to take the Natchez Trace to Natchez before heading to Beaumont Texas, near where my grandfather was born. I am not sure what I'm going to there, but I've never been to that area and I'm curious about where my family is from. My ultimate destination, of course, is Arlington.

The outside of Graceland:



Crazy airplane:


TV Room:


Me with mirrors on stairs:


Presents in the Jungle Room


Trees inside house:


The drive on the Natchez Trace was very foggy (still pretty, and not much traffic)

4 comments:

Rafia! said...

oooh, holiday decorations AND BIG BIRD!!! YAH! they did not have those when I went. :)

Anne said...

Yes, I posted that picture SOLELY for your benefit! (I am fairly confident you are the only one reading this).

Rafia! said...

you don't know for sure! you may have a LARGE but QUIET following.

Rafia! said...

Also, I think you should have a Muppet tag.